Thursday, December 20, 2012

Free Range Moo bully sticks- Sale

Not all bully sticks are created equal. The Free Range Eco Naturals are far superior to any bully stick found anywhere.  These are the best bully sticks.
Free Range MOO Eco Naturals Braided bully stick
ON SALE for $3.95 
Take an addditional $3 off your first order of $25 or more
Use Coupon Code FRECO 
at checkout

Free Range Eco Naturals (MOO!) bully sticks come from the lush Pampas region of Argentina.
There the Angus cows naturally graze on the lush green grasses. They are not fed hormones, antibiotics or steroids, pesticides, animal by-products or anything artificial.
These bully sticks contain only one ingredient. Each of their products is individually sealed for freshness, not like other bully sticks that have been sitting in containers for months in unclean conditions.
You get what you pay for. The Free Range MOO dog chews are the best bully sticks available!

These cattle are humanely raised on ecologically responsible family ranches.

Caring pet parents choose these bully sticks because they are the most flavorful and natural of any bully stick.

Mickey's Pet Supplies has the largest selection of all the Free Range Moo products and at the lowest prices.
You will find 5% and 10% discounts in bulk purchases on each of the bully sticks.
Choose from regular size (Select), thick size (Supreme) and the biggest stick on the market- The Super Monster bully sticks.

We cater to our customers and guarantee 100% customer satisfaction- Always!
Just read our reviews.
Call 877-863-5431 to order by phone anytime.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Holiday Safety for pets

Mickey's Pet Supplies would like to share some helpful information for your pets.

During the Holidays there are many dangers lurking around your home that you may not be aware of for your pets.

Here is a list of some of the things to consider this time of year when having family and friends visit during Christmas and New Years.

1. Holiday Tinsel and Ornaments

Tinsel, while not toxic, is very attractive to pets, particularly cats. The shiny, dangling decoration reflects light and can move in the slightest draft — appearing to come alive to watchful critters.
Cat sits in a Christmas tree
The problem with tinsel is that once it’s consumed, it can cause serious injury to your pet. If not caught in time, this foreign body ingestion could actually be fatal as it twists and bunches inside your pet’s intestines. Immediate veterinary care is required.
In addition, bright and colorful tree ornaments can attract your pet’s curiosity. Place glass, aluminum and paper ornaments higher up on the tree. Pets can chew and swallow these fragile objects and not only can broken pieces form sharp edges that may lacerate your pet’s mouth, throat and intestines, they could also create a choking hazard.

2. Holiday Lighting and Candles and Potpourri

Holiday candle
Twinkling, shiny and dangling holiday lights — such as the icicle, netting, garland, curtain, rope and candle varietal — may be another source of danger to your curious pets.
Got a pet that likes to chew? Electrical shock may occur when a pet chomps down on an electrical cord, causing tongue lacerations and possible death. Check your holiday lights for signs of fraying or chewing and use a grounded three-prong extension cord as a safety precaution.
If you have candles on display, place them in a hard-to-reach spot so that your pets can not access them. Not only can pets seriously burn themselves, but knocking over candles creates a fire hazard and may leave a trail of hot wax that will easily burn the paw pads and more.
Filling your house with the smell of nutmeg or pine for the holidays may seem inviting—but if you’re partial to heating your scented oils in a simmer pot, know that they can cause serious harm to your cat; even a few licks can result in severe chemical burns in the mouth, fever, difficulty breathing, and tremors. Dogs aren’t as sensitive, but it’s still better to be safe than sorry—so scent your home with a non-toxic candle kept safely out of kitty’s reach.
3.  Gift Wrap Ribbon
Do not be tempted to fashion a collar of ribbon for your cat or dog.  Invest in a real fabric or leather collar instead.  The ribbon, may get wrapped up and strangle your pet or worse, your pet can try and get the ribbon off and ingest it.  This will end up getting tangled up in the intestines, causing blockage and serious problems, not to mention the vet bills to surgically remove it. 
4. Holiday Foods and table scraps
Holiday dinners loaded with gravies and fats can be just too much for your pet's digestive system.  Never give cooked bones- choking hazard.
Xylitol-  Do not leave any gums, candies or foods that are sugar free within reach of your pet. The artificial sweetener, Xylitol is TOXIC! Only 0.5 g/kg or more of Xylitol can cause liver failure.  
One piece of sugar free gum contains 0.3g and some gums contain up to 1 g of Xylitol in them.  Keep any sugar free foods and gums completely out of harms reach.
 Do not give nuts to your animals. Certain nuts are toxic such as Macadamia nuts and walnuts, causing seizures and neurological problems.
Grapes, raisins and currants are toxic. 
Do not give chocolate to any pet. It is toxic.Chocolate and cocoa contain theobromine, a chemical highly toxic to dogs and cats. Ingestion in small amounts can cause vomiting and diarrhea but large amounts can cause seizures and heart arrhythmias.
5.  Poisonous Plants
Poinsettias, Mistletoe and Holly are all toxic to pets. Also, Lillies- especially with cats if eaten are toxic too. The ingestion of one to two leaves or flower petals is enough to cause sudden kidney failure in cats.” Other yuletide pants such as holly berries and mistletoe can also be toxic to pets and can cause gastrointestinal upset and even heart arrhythmias if ingested.
Click here for a complete list of all toxic plants for pets. 
6.  Snow Globes
Recently, imported snow globes were found to contain antifreeze(ethylene glycol.) As little as one teaspoon of antifreeze when ingested by a cat or a tablespoon or two for a dog (depending on their size), can be fatal. Signs of early poisoning include acting drunk or uncoordinated, excessive thirst, and lethargy. While signs may seem to improve after eight to twelve hours, internal damage is actually worsening, and crystals develop in the kidneys resulting in acute kidney failure. Immediate treatment with an antidote is vital.
If your pet has any signs of listlessness, lethargy, vomitting, diarrhea or any neurological signs please contact your veterinarian or 24 emergency veterinary service immediately. 
If you think your pet has been poisoned, contact your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline at 1-800-213-6680 with any questions or concerns.
Mickey's Pet Supplies is an online pet supplies store for cats and dogs. We believe your pets are a part of your family so we only carry the best all natural treats, toys and chews. We specialize in made in USA pet products. 
Visit us or call 877-863-5431 to place an order.  
Take $3 off your first order of $25 or more by entering coupon code BLOG18

Friday, December 7, 2012

Holiday Dog Toys Sale

If you are looking for a great holiday gift for that favorite pooch on your list you will find a great selection of toys at Mickey's Pet Supplies.
Choose from bright, red Merry bones, Piney, Reindeers, Snowman, Gingerbread men. Find Twiz, Bumi, Hurley and Jive tough toys and more from West Paw Design- made in USA dog toys.
Also, red and green bulb treat dispensers, fun Mint dog toys from Planet Dog toys.
We also have Hanukkah toys for dogs and blue and white bell collars.

We still have a nice selection of bell collars, reindeer antlers for dogs and cats and stockings.

Don't forget your best friend this holiday season and be sure to stock up on any of our Holiday pet products.

Enter coupon code HDT15OFF at checkout for 15% off your purchase of any Holiday pet product.
Call 877-863-5431 to order by phone.  All major credit cards accepted and PayPal.
Free shipping on your $75 order.